Thursday, April 18, 2013

Excuse Series: Excuse #2



Excuse #2

“I don’t like/know how/want to cook” 

In order to have change you need to make change...

Well, this is where I am going to be a bit tough: learn to cook and learn to like it (well you don’t have to like it, but it will make it easier) ... if health and wellness and a nice bod came in a bottle or a protein bar, everyone would buy it and I probably wouldn’t be writing this blog.

I am not saying you have to be a gourmet chef.  Lucky for you, paleo is probably one of the easiest ways to cook. When I was at college, I would mess up any meal imaginable and come close to burning down the kitchen (I still might do that).  Now I am writing a blog with a collection of my Paleo recipes... I promise anyone can do it.  It was running joke that I was a terrible cook...  and it wasn’t that it took me forever to learn, I just figured out what I liked, what tastes good together, and bought a lot of recipe books!  So yes, you got to do a little work, but things that are worth having take effort.

Can you read? Can you follow directions (and this might not even be necessary) Good, you can cook.  Find a recipe you like, and read then follow the directions.  

Start searching on-line for recipes and search for books to buy or make my recipes!  When you find something you like and that looks easy, its not that bad.  If you aren’t into the recipe route, then put some things together that you like and cook them!  I love onions and tomatoes and spinach and I like chicken, garlic too, maybe some EVOO... I’m sure you are getting the idea.

Turn on the skillet, put some coconut oil on it, three eggs... get another skillet, put some bacon on that thing... TA-DA! BREAKFAST, you are the next top chef.  You never know, you may start cooking and really enjoy it.  I wasn’t a fan at first, but now I really look forward to it.  Who doesn’t love food?  and when you cook you get to pick what you’re eating!  

If you are looking for things that are easy to make because of time, you are at the right blog... I don’t have a ton of time, so I need food that is quick and that I can have all week.  Or something that can be put together after a 12 hour work day.

OR you can learn to love the Whole Foods salad bar,  but your wallet may not appreciate that... that is a whole different excuse for a different time. 

On a side note my friend and Health and Wellness Coach Elizabeth Mauro put up a nice  blog post about making change:  http://www.elizabethmauro.com/2013/04/the-art-of-change/   check it out :)


This recipe is REALLY easy,  and I figured it would be good for this post.

Italian Egg Scramble:

Ingredients:
3 Eggs - whisked
1/2 Tbspn Garlic
2 Compari Tomato - chopped into 1/8 slices
A big handful of Arugula 
2 Tbspn of chopped red onion
EVOO or coconut oil for the pan
1/4 cup of tomato sauce
White Pepper to taste









Directions:
Heat a frying pan on medium and add oil
add chopped onion and garlic and let cook down
Then add arugula and tomato
1 minute after, add eggs and scramble all together!
After the eggs are cooked, remove from pan, and put the sauce and white pepper on top

ENJOY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment